What conditions can acupuncture treat?
- Physical symptoms such as; back pain, knee, neck, and shoulder pain, arthritis, headaches/migraines, stiff tendons, joint issues, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, TMJ, plantar fasciitis
- Emotional imbalances; depression, moodiness, irritability, grief, anxiety, heartache
- Digestive Disorders such as; Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, heartburn, acid reflux
- Low energy and fatigue, lost libido, impotence
- Women’s Health; menstrual irregularities, PMS, an-ovulation (lack of ovulation), infertility, pregnancy, menopause, sexual dysfunction, postpartum depression
- Allergies and Asthma
- Detoxification and Addictions
- Skin Disorders; acne, eczema, psoriasis, shingles, rashes, dandruff, rosacea
- Sleep Disturbances; Insomnia, nightmares, night sweating, nocturia (night time urination), restless sleeping
How long does it take to get results?
It is highly unusual for me to treat a patient who claims to feel NO different after their session. Everyone responds differently to energy work and it is possible to get amazing results in just one session. One could expect a chronic condition to require several consecutive (weekly sessions) to treat the condition fully.
What should I expect during treatment?
Every patient is different and one’s experience depends on the style of the practitioner, whether the practitioner is aggressive or gentle, what condition is being treated, and the connection (or lack of) between patient and practitioner . It is my suggestion to find an acupuncturist with whom you feel very comfortable and like. Trust in your practitioner will make for a more efficient healing process. An acupuncture session can be painless, relaxing, and enjoyable.
Does it hurt?
Acupuncture does not have to hurt. It depends on the style of the practitioner. You will feel sensation but it is described more similarly to a heavy ache, throbbing, or slight pinching sensation. Sometimes these sensations are felt throughout the entire body and not just at the insertion sight. This is the sensation of qi (energy) traveling throughout the meridians.